Wednesday Wanderings 12/3 – ‘Tis the Season

‘Tis the season everywhere, for giving.  I have noticed alot more giveaways around the blogosphere this week and alot of Christmas spirit! 

There has also been some sadness and I want to start off with that.  If you haven’t heard, Dewey from The Hidden Side of a Leaf, passed away last week.  There has been so much discussion on this topic since we heard the news.  I myself have had a heavy heart and I had only known Dewey since right before the last Read-a-Thon.  Natasha, from Maw Books Blog started a discussion over at Book Blogs so that we, bloggers, can discuss, share memories, grieve, etc.  Thank you Natasha, from giving us all a place to gather.

What else is happening aroung the blogosphere?

Over at Booking Mama, great things are happening!  There is a new reviewer, Booking Daughter.  Check out her first review here.  She also has copies of Bobbi Brown’s Makeup Manual to give away.  You can enter until 12/8.

I got an email yesterday from The Lil’ Peanut Patch.  They are having 12 Days of Christmas at the Patch.  There is a new giveaway every day from Dec. 1 – 12. 

Have you found Books for the Holidays blog?  The goal is to promote the buying and giving of books as gifts this holiday season.  There are great posts on there with gift ideas.  You can even comment with questions and the contributing bloggers will do their best to try and help you find the perfect book for someone on your list.

Scribbit is hosting a week of giveaways this week.  Each day’s giveaway will last until Sun. Dec 7th and winners will be chosen on the 8th.  There are some great giveaways!

Another 12 Days of Christmas is happening over at Kidbits.  These giveaways run almost all month, and although you won’t have them in time for Christmas, they will be drawing the winners on the 25th. 

If you are a readergirlz follower, then you may already know this, but they have started a new blog; readertotz, in an effort to recognize the infant-toddler book as a vital addition to children’s literature.

The long lost blogger is back at And Another Book Read.  Read this post to find out how you can enter to win an ARC of Paper Towns.  Oh, and I’m mentioned in the post…I won a book!

Finally, for today, Brimful Curiosities has 3 hardcover copies of a children’s book: The Moon Shines Down (12/8) to give away.  She also has a Land’s End giveaway (12/8) and an Itty Bitty Bookworm curriculum giveaway (12/15).

I hope that you have found yourself easing back into this week after the holidays.  May you continue to enjoy a great week and have fun with all your wanderings.  Until next week…

As always, I will continue to update this post throughout the day when I find other items of interest.  If you’d like to add something, please leave it in the comments.  I love to hear from you!

3 thoughts on “Wednesday Wanderings 12/3 – ‘Tis the Season

1. Thanks so much for checking out my blog! It is still in the beginning stages, and I’m trying to find my groove… But I was so excited to find the Book Blogs group and hope to find lots of blog-buddies through it.

I added you to my reader – can’t wait to read more of your reviews. If you ever have any tips for me, they’re always welcome. :o)