Vampire Day – Books for Kids

Well, it’s almost Halloween, so what better to do with today than declare it Vampire Day!  That’s what My Friend Amy  decided we should do, so I’m joining in the fun.  I decided to look in my school library to see what books I could find for kids that are about vampires or have vampires as characters.  Here are some of my finds…

The Mystery of Vampires and Werewolves: Looks at legends about vampires and werewolves in different cultures, their reputed appearance and behavior, similarities between the two creatures, and possible scientific explanations of the old stories.

Scooby-Doo! and the Legend of the Vampire: Scooby-Doo and his friends from Mystery, Inc. go to Australia on vacation and try to determine if real vampires are haunting the Vampire Rock music festival.

The Vampire’s Vacation:  Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose investigate a mysterious man in black who Josh believes is a vampire.

Vampire Breath:  When Freddy Martinez and his friend Cara go exploring in the basement, they find a bottle of Vampire Breath in a secret room. They decide to open it which allows a very thirsty vampire to escape.

These are just some that I thought would catch the kid’ eyes.  Want to share books, stories, what you know, thoughts, questions about vampires?  Click on the button up top or here to go to Vampire Day and check out what’s there.  Add a link to your post as well. 

I have a question for you?  Are you a vampire lover? Post your answer in the comments.

6 thoughts on “Vampire Day – Books for Kids

1. Pingback: Funny Halloween » Blog Archive » Vampire Day - Books for Kids