BTT – Book Questions

btt buttonHere’s the latest from Booking Through Thursday.

I’ve seen this series of questions floating around the ‘net the last few days, and thought it looked like a good one for us!

What was the last book you bought?

It was a children’s book titled Those Shoes.

Name a book you have read MORE than once

Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mem Fox

Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?

can’t really think of one at this moment

How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews

If I’m in the store or library just browsing, then it’s usually by the summary.  When I go with a specific book in mind, then it’s because of a recommendation or review.  Most of the books I’ve chosen lately have been because I’ve read about them on book blogs.

Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?

Definitely fiction.

What’s more important in a novel – beautiful writing or a gripping plot?

Gripping plot

Most loved/memorable character (character/book)

Junie B. Jones – I taught kindergarten for 9 years and I can so relate to her actions.  She just cracks me up!

Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?

Twilight; I’ve heard all the hype and I just had to read it for myself.  So far, I am loving it!

What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?

Poison Ink; started on Monday, completed yesterday.

Have you ever given up on a book half way in?

Not since I was in High School, but yes.

If you have a minute, pop on over to Booking Mama and enter to win a great cookbook!  It is called I Like You! by Amy Sedaris.  It sounds like a must have for cookbook lovers.  She has 5 to give away…don’t miss out!

This just in!  Hey Lady! Whatcha Reading? is giving away a copy of The Last Beach Bungalow by Jennie Nash.  It is even autogtaphed.

2 thoughts on “BTT – Book Questions

1. I’m the opposite! All of my life I’ve pushed and read through, no matter how awful, but recently I’ve decided that my reading time is too short for anything but what I enjoy.

2. Thank You for visiting my blog 🙂 I also have heard a lot about Twilight, the movie is coming out this month. I have not really heard much about the book aside from on the internet. Might have to be another Fiction I get my hands on after I finish Son Of A Witch. Have a great day!