Posted by shelburns on 11th December 2008
This is probably the most important challenge, to me, that I will participate in for 2009. I had the privilege to know Dewey, if only for a short time, and I admired her and all she did for the blogging community. She will be truly missed. I read, in her honor!
Two wonderful people, Chris and Robin, have created a challenge blog, Dewey’s Books, specifically for this challenge. Here is the information, cut and pasted straight from the site.
There are two ways to join this challenge:
1. Pick one book from each of the 6 years that Dewey has archives of. You can access her archives by clicking on the archive link in the sidebar of her website. It’s a dropdown menu. For instance, you would read one book that she reviewed in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 for a total of six books.
2. The other option is to read 5 books that Dewey reviewed. These can be from any year and I’m guessing that each of us has at least 5 books on our TBR list because of Dewey!
And the rules:
1. Choose either option 1 or 2 from above.
2. Commit to read your books (either 5 or 6 depending on which option you choose) throughout 2009. The challenge will end on December 31, 2009 but we’ll go ahead and unofficially start it right away! We’ll officially start it on January 1st, 2009.
3. Check back to this page often as I’ll put up Mr. Linky’s for reviews and I’ll mention prize giveaways!
I will be choosing option 2 and these are the books I will read:
- Into the Forest by Jean Hegland
- Stick Kid
- The Reincarnationist by M.J. Rose
- Miss Alaineus
- The Graveyard Book
This is a mixture of books, some picture books, some novels, but that’s how I read. I like to mix it up! Will you join us in this reading challenge? Click on the button or the link above.