Posted by shelburns on 19th October 2008
OK…so for my first read-a-thon, I think I did pretty well. I managed to hold my eyelids open until 1 AM CST, and then got up about 6:30 AM to finish out. I made it to chapter 22, p. 486 of Eclipse. Not complete, but that will happen today I’m sure of it. There is a contest for completing this meme, so here goes:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
12 – 1 AM
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer held my interest, but they are long books so I don’t know how others would do. It definitely kept me going with the same characters and storyline.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Still none that I can think of.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Aerin’s page with the updated feeds
5. How many books did you read?
almost 2 – they were 500-600 pages.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
New Moon and Eclipse
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
both of them
8. Which did you enjoy least?
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will definitely participate as a reader and possible host a mini-challenge/giveaway…those added to the fun.
All in all it was a great experience and I’m so glad I did it. My goal next time is to hang out with the hard-core 24 hour readers in the wee hours. I just didn’t have the stamina this time.