Posted by shelburns on November 27, 2008
I woke up this morning ready to write a Thanksgiving post. How great it was to find that BTT had beat me to it, so I’m doing my post this way since I may not be able to post later as I have family coming over in a few hours.
Today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S.
Now, you may have noticed that the global economy isn’t exactly doing well. There’s war. Starvation. All sorts of bad, scary things going on.
So–just for today–how about sharing 7 things that you’re thankful for?
This can be about books, sure–authors you appreciate, books you love, an ode to your public library–but also, how about other things, too? Because in times like these, with bills piling up and disaster seemingly lurking around every corner, it’s more important than ever to stop and take stock of the things we’re grateful for. Family. Friends. Good health (I hope). Coffee and tea. Turkey. Sunshine. Wagging tails. Curling up with a good book.
Here are my 7 today:
- My husband – who loves me unconditionally and does whatever it takes to take care of us.
- My family who is healthy
- A place to live that made it through Ike unharmed.
- A job where I get to help children everyday
- Health – mine and my husband’s (he is diabetic and I worry about him constantly)
- Soldiers who give of themselves to serve so that I may be free to celebrate this day.
- Laughter – even in these times of crisis, it’s good to laugh at books, movies, jokes, etc.
There are more that I could list, but these, on this day of Thanksgiving, are the most dear to my heart.
So, how about it? Spread a little positive thinking and tell the world what there is to be thankful for.
To see more responses, head over to Booking Through Thursday.